Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Rillington Place

     I watched Rillington Place on Kanopy with Tim Roth. I'd never heard of the serial killer, John Christie before. I googled his name and read some of the references. The film I found rather boring. I checked there is a move called 10 Rillington Place with Richard Attenborough (Christie) and John Hurt (Timothy Evans) from 1971. It is a movie I added to my watch list on for Plex.


The shows are both titled after the titular terraced house where the murders took place. Timothy Evans was John Christies upstairs neighbor. Christie murdered 8 women in the house and stuck them in the walls or in the floor. 


Evans was accused and tried for the murder of his wife Beryl and their little girl Geraldine. Evans originally confessed to the murders to protect Christie who performed Beryl's abortion.


John Christie murders occurred at the same time as Truman Capote was detailing the horrific crime that occured on the Clutter Family Farm in 1959 which shocked the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rillington Place

      I watched  Rillington Place on Kanopy with Tim Roth. I'd never heard of the serial killer, John Christie before. I googled his nam...